BILL OF RIGHTS FOR CHILDREN OF INCARCERATED PARENTS
1. I have the right to be kept safe and informed at the time of my parent’s arrest.
2. I have the right to be heard when decisions are made about me.
3. I have the right to be considered when decisions are made about my parent
4. I have the right to be well cared for in my parent’s absence.
5. I have the right to speak with, see, and touch my parent.
6. I have the right to support as I face my parent’s incarceration.
7. I have the right not to be judged, blamed or labeled because my parent is incarcerated.
8. I have the right to have a lifelong relationship with my parent.
CLICK FOR DOWNLOADBLE PDFS:
Additional copies of the Bill of Rights are available for $2 per copy.
Shipping is included.
A 12-minute DVD about the Bill of Rights is available for $10, shipping included.
Order copies of the Bill of Rights or DVD here: